Friday, May 23, 2014

Fanning the flame

My husband and I recently attended a homeschool expo. The speaker Todd Wilson spoke on fanning the flame. He said that we should be fanning the flame of our children's dreams as well as our spouses dreams. This really hit home for me. So far our oldest son bought a skateboard (something he has wanted for a long time) and our oldest daughter, tonight, made cupcakes all by herself. She wants to own her very own cupcake shop when she is an adult. Will that pan out? I don't know. Will she remember the flavor she made tonight? Or that they are gluten free? I don't know but I can tell you she will remember me letting her do it and staying up past her bedtime to try them. Tonight I fanned that flame for her. This is an exciting time. It's exciting to allow my kids to fulfill their dreams. I'm looking forward to more fanning!! I encourage to fan a flame for someone in your life in the next week. Then comment here on what you did. Happy fanning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment