Saturday, March 29, 2014
Kindness
There are people in this world that when you meet you feel like you've known them forever! That happened to us this year. Here I am with my 5 little loves walking out of awanas. I usually stay a bit late because I volunteer in Cubbies and wait til all the kiddos have been picked up. Another mom/volunteer offers to help and I decline. "Oh I'm good" I said. Well bless her, she just helps anyway. She grabs her kids and says help her. Of course most of my kids know her kids because they are teenagers who work with them during awanas. So then it became a weekly thing. We both have 5 kids so it's perfect, one teen to one wee little Bryant kiddo. Then we get to talking. We all know how extremely shy I am and how truly hard this was for me. (I saw you roll your eyes lol). This is where the man I feel like I've known you forever comes in. For the majority we stay after and chat and the kids hang out together. It really is a pleasant time for all of us. Last night Moriah had a TNT movie night and my friends teens had Awana game practice. So we knew we would see each other. Moriah and one of her kiddos hit it off immediately. They are adorable together and each brought the other one a gift they had made. So as the kids go to their respective places, we were like what should we do. My friend informs me that her sweet daughter who had worked the last two weeks had given her money so we could go get a treat and hang out. Now to me that is true kindness. Most teenagers would think how they would spend every last penny on themselves. This really touched my heart and meant a lot to me. Clearly she saw money as a way to bless other people. She saw that our fellowship was important and invested in it. I love to see how God blesses others through the next generation. The next generation really has some amazing people in it. I'm pretty sure I know them all!!! We are so blessed by the teenagers from this family and others in our lives. I'm pretty sure I could write a book about the amazing teens we have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment