Thursday, March 21, 2013

Musings of a genetically mutated mom

I started my health journey quite a few years ago and in that found out I needed thyroid medicine (natural kind). There were other things too like my estrogen was super de duper high. Probably more but I cant remember. I lost 69 lbs and then was pregnant with our 5th beautiful blessing. In January of this year I started the weight loss journey again. I found myself at 201 lbs. I started MediFast again and it was slow going. I then started an 8 week health class. Eating low glycemic. My goal has always been to lose the wight without a program, on whole foods. This class was what i needed. Someone to monitor my food intake and help me where I struggled. Apparently I wasn't eating enough. Can you believe it...not eating enough. How could that help me lose weight. Tomorrow is our last class. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and will be bummed when its over. While in this class I discovered that I have some genetic mutations. This basically means my body cannot absorb nutrients like folic acid and b vitamins. I started a natural shot regimen. The first shot was a full dose and made me sick. The second shot was a lower dose and did nothing. This last shot was a full dose and made me sick but not as bad as before. I really want my body to accept this. my friend is doing so well on it. Im so happy for her!!!! It will be my turn one day, I have hope that it will help me and my body will accept this treatment. I really want to know what it is like to feel normal. When i tell people they way i feel or the way my body behaves people tell me that is not natural....one day my body will behave itself. Im praying sooner than later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment